MR. WONG AT HOME - SICHUAN CHICKEN & KING PRAWNS
"Eat in two courses, with entrée being the steamed half shell scallops. Serve mains all together or two dishes at a time. The main courses are designed to be eaten shared."
– Dan Hong, Executive Chef, Mr. Wong.
As with most Chinese cooking, the dishes are cooked and finished at the last minute so best to do all your chopping and slicing first and then cook each dish in this order to ensure everything is hot when it comes time to sit down and eat. Some dishes hold their heat a bit better which is why they are in this order. A wok is ideal for preparing this menu but a large sautée pan works well in its place. You will need some vegetable oil from your pantry for this menu.
- Half shell scallops with white soy, ginger and leek
- Braised king prawns with ginger, spring onions and rice wine
- White cut chicken with sesame dressing and sichuan chili oil
- King Crab Fried rice “typhoon shelter style”
- Gai Lan with oyster sauce and garlic oil
- Waffle with chocolate sauce, cherries and praline
You will need:
- Large wok or sauté pan
- Chopping board and knife
- Vegetable oil
Please note these fresh meals are semi-prepared and easy enough for any home cook to prepare and enjoy within 48hrs. For cooking instructions visit our recipes page.
SERVES: 2 PeopleOur meals are prepared in a kitchen that contains eggs, fish, milk, peanuts, sesame, crustaceans, soy, nuts, tree nuts, gluten, lupin and sulphites. Though best practices are used in preparing the meal, inadvertent cross-contamination may occur. We cannot guarantee the complete absence of these allergens.